Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Good News and Bad News

Bad news first; I want to end on a positive note.

Weight's back up. From the hurried check I did after class this morning, I'm around 143.5 pounds. Ugh. And it's all my fault. I've been stuffing my face like nuts lately. But my classes have been so stressful lately.

But there's also good news about classes. Ballet has been a blast, and my teacher likes me. Especially my name. Every time she calls roll or says my name, she sings it. Sometimes with a giggle. It's amusing. And what we're doing is so much fun. I get along with the kids in the class and while it causes my muscles to shake, it's a great workout.

Also, today a couple new kids added the class. Including a guy with a very nice butt. That's right, I said it. There's nothing like a fit guy in nothing but a t-shirt, tights, and a dance belt. Ooh la la. And while we were working at the barre, some of the dance majors from the composition class next to us sat in the lounge and were watching us. Including the cute guy I did swing and salsa dance with last semester. I caught his eye as he peered in through the door and we made our usual goofy faces (complete with raised and lowered brows) at each other. I've missed seeing him.

Tomorrow I've got a discussion (and a practice debate that I foolishly volunteered for) and my jazz class. Tonight, it's a cup of Mountain Dew and a couple aspirins.

No comments: