Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tango + Dance Over + Choreography

God, I love cute boys. Yesterday after we finished reviewing in Salsa/Swing, our teacher let us leave early, but a couple of us stayed to dance. It ended up just me, another dance major, a female friend of mine, and our teacher. She asked us if we wanted to salsa or swing, but Dance Major Boy asked if she could teach him to tango, since he'd always wanted to learn. I, knowing how to tango, jumped at the chance to teach him. So I and my teacher taught him a handful of steps, and he and I danced. Nothing makes me swoon like having an attractive boy take me in his arms so we're no more than seven inches apart, look me in the eyes, and tango. Oh boy.

As of today, I am done with dance for the semester. I am so sad. But I might look into some classes at a local dance company to stay in practice.

I am officially about half done with my choreography for my solo for the dance audition! I'm nervous, but it's very dramatic, with lots of jumps and falls and arched backs. I'm very proud.

No comments: