Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dance Class + Hair + Food + Inspiration

Today in class, I got two compliments from my teacher. She said I was taking up space greatly during our moves and that my tendus were good. She also reminded me to keep my battements to the side turned out, as I tend to turn my kneecap forward rather than keeping it upwards. It feels so good to get her praise and attention.

Also, when I talked to her after class about how my group isn't feeling confident about our choreography for the final (which we had to create) since our group members are always absent, she set her hand on my shoulder and told me not to worry, that she knew we were working hard and looked great.

And my hair is in a bun! It's finally long enough (barely) to wear in a tight little bun, which makes me look so much more like a dancer. Especially as all of the "pulling up" we've been doing has me walking like that, lean and tall, everywhere I go. I had so many sideways glances at my hair, my bare legs, and my knee-high socks bunched around my ankles. I looked so good today.

I have been eating far too much in the past days. I feel disgusting, but I've been too stressed to have the willpower. But I have been trying to stick to low-calorie snacks. For example, a serving of pretzel sticks and a serving of port wine cheese (I never eat a full serving though, as that's a whole two tablespoons) is delicious and under 200 calories.





No comments: