Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thesis + "Thin" + Lunch

I just finished that thesis I mentioned in my last post. I also did a search for "eating disorders" in my library's catalogue, and discovered that we have a lot more books hiding away than what I've read. I wrote down the call numbers of them, so before work I'm going to check some of them out.

I also found out that we have a copy of the documentary Thin. Have any of you seen it? I'd heard of it, but never seen it, so I might check it out as well.

I'm leaving soon to get lunch with a guy friend. We both work on campus, so we're meeting up while he's on his break. We're not really close, but he asked me if I'd get lunch with him a few weeks ago. It's got me curious, as normally he just talks to Boyfriend, as they're really good friends. And as I'm close with his recent-ex-girlfriend, I'm wondering if he's going to use this lunch to dig for information. I guess we'll see soon enough. I don't know where we'll be going, but hopefully it'll be somewhere with cheap food and small portions.

2 comments:

Cammie said...

Wow, I wish my library was as stocked as yours. I struggle to find to any piece of work that were written after the 1900s lol
That was back when the only theory to explain anorexia was that it was an attempt to become a child again...
Compelling, but so untrue (for me).
Anyway, hope your lunch went well!

Liz said...

Sweet, that sounds great! I love books :)

I have seen the Thin documentary, and it's pretty good. It's an inside look at an ED treatment facility. It's pretty interesting, so I'd check it out if I were you!

Have fun!!